Have you ever met electronic goods like digital watches, blue-tooth speakers stuck at the airport when dropship them from China via China Post ePacket or other courier services? Have you ever rejected by the shipping agent when you ship lithium battery goods from China? Why? Because the lithium batteries being listed as contraband goods by IATA （International Air Transport Association） due to batteries are combustible and leaky items threat the flight security. Thus the Civil Aviation Administration of China issued the Notice on Strengthening the Safe Air Transport of Lithium Batteries in Packages shipping from China, which explicitly prohibits the air transport of items with batteries, especially lithium batteries. Because our mobile phones, laptops, and cameras are all equipped with lithium batteries, and mobile power is also a lithium battery for rechargeable batteries. In order to avoid accidents and protect the safety of passengers\’ lives and property, power bank is also a lithium battery for rechargeable batteries. In order to avoid accidents lithium batteries for electronic devices such as mobile phones or laptops are prohibited in packages shipping from China. How to dropship lithium battery goods from China?
In fact, the battery goods can be dropshipped from China, but it need to meet the airline\’s requirements for dangerous goods shipping. For example, the battery goods need to be packaged respectively under certain quantities. Exceeded parts need to be divided in several packages and need to declare for customs clearance in details. Lithium batteries in portable electronic devices such as cameras, laptops, camcorders, etc., which are installed in equipment and have a lithium content of less than 100 wh (watt hours), can be carried around or handled; lithium content is 100 wh but not more than 160 wh. Lithium batteries must be approved by the airline and carried. Spare batteries must be individually insulated and can only be carried in hand luggage. Lithium batteries exceeding 160wh are strictly prohibited.
How do we ship lithium battery goods via international courier service? It based on each period, each courier service under the air freight rules whether it can be shipped battery goods or not. 86Deal specializes in serving domestic and international foreign sellers engaged in online platforms such as Amazon, eBay, Dunhuang, and Alibaba, and cooperated with Hongkong Post, China Post, Swiss Post, Royal Mail, Singapore Post and International Express DHL, UPS, TNT , FedEx as well as other line deals to provide professional logistics and supporting services for lithium battery goods dropshipping from China.
What do we need to pay attention to when ship battery goods via international courier service? As long as the supplier or shipping agent could provide a MSDS report for the battery goods and them are being perfectly packed separately, the lithium battery goods can be shipped via international courier service like DHL, FedEx etc.
There following are the packing requirements for the lithium battery goods:
- Each lithium battery need to be packed respectively, each box maximum pack 2 batteries; the inner box need to be sealed tightly and there\’s no sound when shake the inner and outer box, single box battery weight cannot exceed 10 kg;
- The power bank must be packed according to the pure battery packing standard. Maximum 2 power banks in one box;
- Outer box packaging requirements: outer packaging must be tough and clean, plastic bags and file packs as well as other soft packaging are not allowed, carton ears cannot be cut;
- Document requirements: The waybills, checklists, MSDS and invoices are marked with the type of battery (lithium battery), type (PI965-PI968), power (current * voltage);
- All the batteries need to have a battery type, model, voltage and capacity, power can not exceed 100WH. The calculation method of the power: The capacity AH* voltage V is less than 100WH, dry battery is packed alone, one does not exceed 10 kg;
- The battery within 2.7WH does not limit the number of batteries but one package cannot exceed 2.5 kg;
- 2.7WH-20WH battery need to be packed in the inner box, an inner box of 8 batteries, can not exceed 10 kg;
- 20WH-100WH battery also need to be installed inside the box, an inner box can only hold 2 batteries, weight can not exceed 10 kg.
You are welcome to inquiry if you need to dropship lithium battery goods from China.