Do you know What kind of products are suitable for Shopify cross-border e-commerce? Somebody says operating the cross border eCommerce is just like playing card games, 30% on your skills, 70% on the luck. To some extent it makes sense. After all, successful people are a minority. How those successful people select the best selling products for cross border eCommerce?
What kind of product is suitable for cross-border e-commerce?
It is a very popular questions on quora and the eCommerce groups, I think the following tips can be used as a reference:
(1) The product market potential is huge and the profit point is relatively high. The profit margin of products for cross-border e-commerce is basically 50% or even 100%.
(2) Suitable for international logistics, the product is relatively small in size, light in weight and not easily broken.
(3) Simple operation. Those products that need to be guided for installation do not suitable for cross border e-commerce, as subsequent complaints and customer service costs are very high.
(4) Simple after-sales, basically do not need any after-sales products.
(5) Have their own independent product design, including product research and development capabilities, packaging design capabilities.
When you launch the cross border eCommerce business, you should pay more attention to market feedback, and customer experience on your products. You need to pay attention to the situation of users using products, and do more user research and surveys. Only in this way we can accurately grasp the user\’s thinking and know the user\’s needs. This is an indispensable step in your product selection procedure. Secondly, your thinking can\’t be limited to the platform. Like the fingertip gyro and fingertip monkeys, the platform can\’t sell because of the infringement, but you can consider turning to Shopify to earn the maximum profit in a short time.
Shopify product selection idea
Let\’s see a story first. There are three hopeless students in a class, which occupy the last three counts. For each exam, the teacher will ask the three of them to sit together so as not to interfere with other students. In one exam, the third-ranked student from last compared the test papers of the other two students, The two students are very disdainful. We are worse than you, can you still copy us? Once the exam result came out, the third-to-last score student was actually a reversal and suddenly ran a big chunk. The other two students are very surprised and dont know why this happened. The third-to-last student answer was very simple. All of our test was so bad that our answer was basically wrong. I ruled out the answers of the three of us. The rest is the correct one.
Actually it is the product selection idea for cross border eCommerce.
During the cross border eCommerce procedure, we must find a reference from a good example, and learn useful information from bad reviews. Only in this way can we break through.
Shopify product selection skills
Determine the product line
When we creating a product line, we can simply refer to such a ratio, 20% of them are traffic products, 20% of them are high profit margin goods, that is, the core goods combined with other normal goods (supplementary SKUs).
(1) Traffic products: refers to the goods that bring traffic to the Shopify stores with no profits(the profit is expected to be 0% to 1%). The discount space can be set at 30% to 50%, for example, \”Black Friday\” A festival can bring huge traffic to your store.
(2) Profit products: As the name suggests, it refers to profitable goods from the source of profits. The flow of such goods is not much, but its profit is high, and the discount space can be reserved 5%-20%.
According to the sales constantly adjust and optimize, you should understand the dynamics of competitors in these categories, and pay attention to the changes of competitors\’ SKUs, price changes, and keep the competition at any time.
Product selection Starts with the brands
Brand is a key factor. A good brand can bring more sales and attention, and even drive sales of other brands and items in the store. Therefore, the brand cannot be ignored. If you focus on sales, it is definitely keeping a close eye on popular categories and items. To stabilize the money and profit, you can pay more attention to some unpopular categories and long tail non-standard items.
As the platform is now more and more limited, it is certain that Amazon\’s future branding is an inevitable trend. Now many sellers say that they are branding. In fact, it is just a trademark! Can you imagine that you have a brand without your own official website? That\’s the future of Shopify store.
Product selection starts from holiday
(1) Valentine\’s Day: jewelry and accessories, watches, bags.
(2) Easter: clothing, beauty makeup products, gardening products, outdoor products.
(3) Mother\’s Day: fashion, jewelry, watches, bags, greeting cards, consumer electronics, water sports products.
(4) American Labor Day: clothing, beauty and beautification products.
(5) Halloween: sporting goods, plush toys, pumpkin lights, Cosplay costumes.
(6) Thanksgiving: plush toys, gifts, household appliances, beauty cosmetics, kitchen gadgets.
(7) Christmas: shoes, heating equipment, fashion accessories, jewelry, ski equipment, electronic products.
Product selection starts from habits
Shopify product selection can be based on the lifestyle habits of the target market. For example, in the United States, there are about 200 million adults between the ages of 18 and 65, and 60% of them meet the outdoor consumer group. You can develop swimsuits, goggles, flashlights, tent lights and other products for cross border eCommerce business.
Product selection starts from season
The season also needs to be analyzed. Winter is coming to develop warm products such as hats, gloves and scarves. Prepare cooling products such as mini fans, notebook ice pads, radiators, etc. before the summer. Most of these products will be developed and put on shelves one month in advance. The seller needs to stock up or confirm supplier in advance, the other is to pay attention to the control of logistics time.
In addition to the product selection advice listed above, there are several large social networking sites where you can choose hot spots and topics for product selection.
Trend Watching: A professional team of 30 people in London, Singapore, Sydney and other places, reporting the latest trends in the world.
Springwise: Provide new company ideas, trends and stories every day, and subscribe for free.
Pinterest: A fast-growing social photo sharing site that contains the latest and most interesting and popular products, and if you have a market, you can get first-hand information.
Fancy: A website that combines shops, magazines and wishlists, use Fancy to discover gifts for any occasion and share your findings with your friends.
Wanelo: is a global shopping community that displays products and stores in a similar way to Pinterest.
Reddit: is one of the largest social media news aggregates that cater to a variety of different web needs and themes.
Product selection tools: Topsy、FollowerWonk、LittleBird
These tools can help you discover opinion leaders in a particular industry area.
Will you feel that it is so tired and troublesome to choose a product for cross border eCommerce? This is indeed the case. Compared with work, entrepreneurship and self-employment itself are very hard work. Since you have chosen the cross-border e-commerce, how can you succeed if
you are not tired and work hard?